Breast augmentation surgery involves using breast implants or fat, referred to as fat transfer breast augmentation, to increase the size of your breasts or restore breast volume that has been lost after weight reduction or pregnancy.
- Breast augmentation is clinically referred to as augmentation mammaplasty.
- Breast augmentation can:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve the balance of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
- Breast implants may also be used for breast reconstruction after mastectomy or injury.
What breast augmentation surgery won’t do
Breast augmentation does not correct severely drooping breasts. If you want your breasts to look fuller and to be lifted due to sagging, a breast lift may be required in conjunction with breast augmentation.
Breast lifting can often be done at the same time as your augmentation or may require a separate operation. Your plastic surgeon Doctor Eduardo Mejia will assist you in making this decision.SMXLL
Breast augmentation candidates:
Breast augmentation is a very personal procedure and you should do it for yourself, not for someone else.
- You may be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small